ghd // ghd Style Truck
Brand Activation, Communications and KOL’s
To drive brand awareness and product sales at points of purchase (such as Lane Crawford premium hair salons) of the iconic British hairstyling brand, ghd, and to promote their new range of premium styling tongs, ‘ghd Curve’, in the local market.
Catalyst conceived a roving experiential marketing campaign, converting a nine-tonne truck into a pop-up hair salon, touring the city’s lifestyle hotspots and attracting mid-to-high income female consumers to a premium styling experience using the new, ‘ghd Curve’ tongs inside the ghd Style Truck.
The campaign kicked off with an exclusive press preview for KOLs and media partners inside the ghd Style Truck. Video content from the press event was amplified through various social media channels to generate buzz and excitement around the tour.
ghd fans were transformed into brand advocates with their best photo entering a social media photo competition on Facebook and Instagram for the chance to win a full set of ‘ghd Curve’ tongs.
- Social and media reach in English and Chinese lifestyle and beauty publications reached over 4 million people with a total advertising value of over HK$700k.
- 384 affluent fashionistas styled at the ghd styling truck.
- Over 1,000 styling invitations redeemed at Lane Crawford.
- 42% conversion rate for social media sharing using the mobile photobooth.
- 20% increase in local sales in the following quarter.