ghd // Be as bad as you want, but be good to your hair
Christmas brand activation
ghd is a global premium hair product brand and has achieved cult status in the UK. Unfortunately this doesn’t extend to other parts of the world, and Hong Kong was one of them. Despite being in the market for two years, Hong Kong locals still had little idea as to what ghd actually was.
It was time to breathe life into the brand and increase awareness about ghd’s incredible products. To do this, we made the brand the centre of attention through the placement of a giant ghd giftbox over three consecutive weeks.
It was strategically placed in fashion districts of Hong Kong, namely Causeway Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui and Central Harbourfront.
Here’s how the campaign worked:
- Like/Follow the ghd Facebook or Instagram page.
- Rip a piece of paper from the giant giftbox
- If there was a QR code, that means you won.
- Scan the QR code and it would take you to a mini-site allowing you to fill in your information to redeem the prize.
- We increased the ghd fan base on both Facebook and Instagram by over 4% each. During the third week, we made it to the top 3 posts on the map view of Instagram at Central Harbourfront.
- We also broke a record. Our live event Instagram post was over 53% more engaged than the previously highest engaged post on ghd’s Instagram page.
- Our teaser posts reached over 130,000 on Facebook and Instagram, with over 14,000 engagements. Video views reached over 3,900.
- We optimised our Facebook ad buys during Week 1 and 2, lowering the CPM (Cost per 1000 impressions) by over 33%.
- The activation itself received over 990 visits, and over 320 prizes were redeemed with over 40% driving traffic to a nearby store.