ghd is a global premium hair product brand that has achieved cult status in the UK. Unfortunately, this status doesn’t extend to all the other parts of the world, and Hong Kong was one of them with room for improvement. Despite being in the market for two years, Hong Kong locals still had little idea as to what ghd was. ghd wanted to launch a campaign during the Christmas holiday season to increase brand awareness and drive traffic to store.
The season’s limited edition was introducing Copper Luxe – “Be as bad as you like, but be good to your hair”. Playing on the naughty but nice, larger than life giant ghd giftboxes were strategically placed across the city’s fashion districts. Those who dared to let rip could have their Christmas hair wishes come true with ghd.
How it worked:
- Customers who wanted a chance to win the gift box completed the following:
- Like/Follow the ghd Facebook or Instagram page.
- Let rip. Tear from the giant gift box
- If your piece revealed a QR code, you won.
- Scan the QR code directing you to a mini-site allowing you to fill in your information to redeem the prize.
- Head to the nearest ghd store to redeem a complimentary styling session and collect your prize.
‘Christmas Wishes Come True’ was a hit.
- ghd fan base increased on both Facebook and Instagram by over 4% each. During the third week, the campaign made it to the top 3 posts on the map view of Instagram at the Central Harbourfront.
- The campaign’s live event Instagram post was over 53% more engaged than the previously highest engaged post on ghd’s Instagram page.
- Teaser posts reached over 130,000 impressions on Facebook and Instagram, with over 14,000 engagements. Video views reached over 3,900.
- Facebook ad buys were optimised during Week 1 and 2, lowering the CPM (Cost per 1000 impressions) by over 33%.
- The activation itself received over 990 visits. Over 320 prizes were redeemed with over 40% driving traffic to a nearby store.